Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Country Predictions

So I've been thinking and doing some research today about where in Africa (if I do go to Africa) I might be sent. Because I don't meet the French requirements for several West African countries, I can safely narrow down the list of nations to the following:

Botswana, Cape Verde, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia

I also looked at an unofficial directory that is put together by invitees containing a list of the different countries, their programs, and dates. This directory is by no means exact and changes frequently, so it shouldn't be taken very seriously, but according to it, the only health programs in Africa leaving in November are for Madagascar and Namibia. So it will be interesting to see what happens. All in all, I will be happy with either of those countries or any from the longer list above. If I had my choice completely, my favorites would include Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, or South Africa. Between Madagascar and Namibia, I guess I would prefer Namibia more simply because it is on the mainland, but it will be cool no matter what happens.

No comments: