Saturday, November 29, 2008

My ¨Wish¨ List

So some people have asked about sending things to me. I want everyone to know that it is certainly not an obligation to send anything since I know the US is in an economic crisis and the packages my parents have sent have been between $50 and $100 (although these have been rather large). But if you feel compelled to send me one or two small things, I would gladly and gratefully accept it. I will also put a link to this post under the ¨Important Posts¨ sidebar. Here is a list of things, that I will update as my needs and desires change, which I could use (in no particular):

  • Candy (non-chocolate is best so it doesn't melt - Starburst, Jolly Ranchers, Red Vines, Nerds, pretty much anything sweet)
  • Drink mixes (powdered kool-ade, lemonade, iced tea, or any other thing that could make our chlorine-treated water taste less like the community swimming pool)
  • Other mixes (powdered cheese for mac and cheese, ranch and other salad dressing mixes - anything that you can make by adding water)
  • Easy to make meals like ramen noodles or something. Other easy foods like muffin mixes, cookie mixes, etc. Things I can just add water or oil are awesome.
  • Dried fruit
  • Granola bars, chocolate chip cookies, chips, or other similar snack foods
  • Beef jerky and the like
  • Flavored teas (love them all but fruit flavors would be extra nice)
  • Old DVD or burned DVDs you don't want (since I have electricity now)
  • Photos from home of course
  • Magazines (news, NatGeo, entertainment, whatever you want to send - what's going on in the world?)
  • Face Soap (something with Benzoyl Peroxide would be nice
  • Spices (I can work with anything)
  • Anything that a home/kitchen can't be without
  • Anything your heart desires
As I said, don't feel like you have to send me anything, but if you want, these would be nice (don't go overboard please - even one little thing would be nice). Also, I will keep this updated so check back for changes, deletions, additions from time to time. Oh, and I updated right before this too, so keep reading the next post if you haven't yet because it has my new address in it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Erik,
Glad to hear you're still doing well, having fun and learning all kinds of awesome stuff. :) I'm planning to send you a little something for Christmas, although it may be a while - you know how bad I am when it comes to getting my act together, lol. Anyway, it's great to read about your experiences (even if it makes me miss you!), and I hope things continue to go well for you.

Take care,
Rebecca :)

Maggie said...

for what its worth, my wish is to be invited over for dinner when you get either the gravy or ranch sauce packet in the mail. we'll bring mangoes and cahews from orodara.

CAE said...

Hey Erik! It's been so awesome to get to read your blog and I'm so glad that everything is going so well! Shari and I are going to put a package together for you to send as a late Christmas present and I was wondering if there was anything that you still would like that you haven't gotten yet. My email address is caeskr@gmail.com. Let me know! :-)

We all miss you at ballroom!
Caryne