Saturday, August 8, 2009

Photos From Village

So I've been hanging out in the capital this weekend picking up some clothes I had made from the tailor and running errands, so I thought it would be a perfect chance to use free internet time to upload photos. Unfortunately, the internet here is as slow as in Ouahigouya, so after several hours of waiting, I have only a few photos uploaded. Hopefully, I can add others soon, but for now, enjoy these snapshots from my village.

This photo was taken just at the start of rainy season, so it is just beginning to become greener. I really loved the look of this tree for some reason.

With this picture, I tried to bring out the dignity in cows. I'd like to believe he is contemplating the meaning of life, as oppose to contemplating where he is going to relieve himself next.

I walked one day from one end of my village to the other. It took about an hour, but I got some nice pics along the path.
Women at the well. That basin is filled to the brim with water, but girls are trained at a very young age in the art of carrying heavy and awkward things on their heads. Notice how green my desert village has become during the rainy season - a pleasant change of scenery.

One of my favorite pictures I have taken. This is the dam that rests on the edge of my village, the same dam with the crocodiles that I showed in an earlier post. I walked here just in time for a beautiful Burkina sunset. I sat in this exact spot for about half an hour, waiting for the intensity of color to reach its peak before I snagged this shot.




2 comments:

Andrew said...

You absolutely failed to dignify that cow, he is totally contemplating fecal placement.

But great pics!

Anonymous said...

Hey Doc,
Congrat’s again for “assisting” on your 1st baby boy delivery; and you doubted that HS Biology Dissecting class would ever come in handy!
Sorry to learn that Gynecology study's will never interest you!!
D&M