Monday, September 1, 2008

PC Homework

This past week has been extremely busy. Besides working almost every night at the restaurant trying to save up as much money as possible, I've had lots of little things to get done. First off, PC needed several forms completed and mailed to them for my new Peace Corps passport and Burkina Faso visa, which meant getting 4 passport-sized photos taken as well. After that, they needed me to e-mail them an updated resume, as well as an aspiration statement that will be read by the Burkinabe staff. This aspiration statement basically just lets them get to know me better by describing what I expect to get out of this experience and what my plan is to succeed at my job and properly adapt to Burkinabe culture.

Other than that, I've just been busy reading up on Burkina Faso and what I need to pack. I've been doing a lot of online purchases, getting a big backpack, a pair of good Chaco sandals, a new computer battery (yes I am taking my computer), and my favorite new purchase - a solar backpack that can charge electronics using the sun's energy. It will be able to charge my iPod, digital camera, and cell phone (yes I will probably be getting a cell phone). There is still so much more stuff to get together. I just hope it will all fit in my bags. Packing for two years seems like an impossible task.

No comments: