Saturday, September 20, 2008

Staging

I received my "Staging Kit" a few days ago. This packet has all the information about my PC orientation in Philadelphia. First of all, I have a flight scheduled on Monday, October 13th at 9:27 AM on US Airways from Richmond to Philadelphia. I arrive in Philly at 10:35 AM, and must be at my hotel and registered (as an official Peace Corps trainee) by 2 PM. From 3 - 7 PM, we have training sessions that include: a Welcome and Introduction to PC, Anxieties and Aspirations for Service, Managing Risk, Politics in Practice, Reflection on Commitment to Service, and Logistics and Departure/Arrival Information.

The next morning we must be ready to leave by 7:30 AM to head to the clinic in order to get the necessary vaccinations. Afterwards, we have lunch and check-out of the hotel. Buses arrive for loading and departing to the airport at 1:30 PM. Our flight (Delta) departs Philadelphia at 6:45 PM and arrives in Paris at 8:25 AM the following day (Wed Oct 15th), a 7 hour 40 minute flight. We are stuck in Paris until our next flight at 4:10 PM when we fly from Charles De Gaulle to Ouagadougou. The flight should take about 5 hours 35 minutes, and we should land in the capital at 7:45 PM, local time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erik!! I am so sorry I have been out of touch lately. :( This is all so exciting, and I am unbelievably happy for you that this is finally coming together! :) I'm actually somewhat able to walk again now (although I'm a little slow and have to use a cane sometimes, lol), so if you have time and/or want to get together and hang out sometime before all your orientation stuff starts, give me a call/email/whatever, OK? :)

Love & Peace,

Rebecca :)

P.S. I know I've said all this a million times before, but I love you, man, and I am so proud of what you are doing. You are a truly great human being and I am lucky to know you! :)