Monday, August 18, 2008

AARRGGHH!!

So I got a reply from my Placement Officer this morning who gave me some not-so-great news. It seems that I am still nominated for the same program in Africa that I have been since the beginning but that the departure date has moved from November 2008 to January 2009. He said I know hear from by the 1st of December about my invitation. This was a complete shock to me. As you all know, I have been ready to leave for months now, but now I have to wait an extra two months. But I don't want to dwell on the negative. Sure I have to hang around here for another couple months, but there are also some good things that come from this as well.

1) spending Christmas with my family
2) more time to save money
3) more time to get in shape
4) spending Thanksgiving home
5) more chances to spend time with friends
6) arriving in Africa towards the end, not the beginning, of their summer
7) being able to see the entire next season of The Office

Those are just a few things I have thought about since getting the news about two hours ago. So yeah, a little disappointing but not the end of the world. You will just have to put up with my lame and boring posts until then.

On a side note, it was my Dad's birthday this weekend, and we all went horseback riding. This was my first time riding a horse in probably 15 years, but except for a slightly sore rear, I think I did pretty well. I felt like Indiana Jones, and that's all that matters.

No comments: