Friday, August 22, 2008

BURKINA FASO!!!

I just found out I've been invited to Burkina Faso! I checked my toolkit this morning and found out that they mailed my invitation two days ago, and when I checked my mail today, there it was - a large packet of information from PC. The very first page read:

YOUR ASSIGNMENT
Country: Burkina Faso
Program: Community Health Development Program
Job Title: Community Health Development Worker
Orientation Dates: October 12-14, 2008
Pre-Service Training: October 15 - December 19, 2008
Dates of Service: December 19, 2008 -
December 19, 2010

I now have ten day to accept or decline this invitation, which of course I will accept. It's definitely not where I thought I would be going to, but I can't complain. I don't know much about Burkina, or even West Africa at all, so it will be interesting to learn more and post more here about everything. I do know they speak French, which means I need to majorly refresh my very limited French skills. I have read it is one of the safest countries in Africa, which should comfort some people (like my mom). Anyway I need to get ready for work but I'll post a lot more info tomorrow. I'm so excited!!!

No comments: