Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Medical Almost Done

Well, I just got back in town after heading home for the final chapter of completing my medical forms. I had an appointment for my physical at 9am this morning. Aside from the basic examination, I also had blood drawn for various lab tests like HIV and Hepatitis, as well as a Td and Polio Booster. Since I just had two Tuberculin PPD tests done in order to volunteer at the hospital, the doc said I could fax him the results so that I wouldn't have to do a third one. All in all though, I think I'm healthy. Even though I pretty much knew that, it's always nice to hear it from someone who knows what they are talking about. So what's next? I need to head to the Student Health Center to have them fax over the PPD results, as well my Hepatitis immunization history (if they have it). Once I do that, my lab results should come back in a few days, and then I can finally submit my completed medical packet with all dental, eye, and medical forms done. Let's just hope everything has been filled in correctly, and I can get my medical clearance pronto.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Hey kiddo. I'm sure you are anxious to send your packet. I hope to later congratulate you on your perfect bill of health. How are the glasses coming along? It's weird, right? I'm very excited for you--it seems like the Peace Corp is you doing exactly what you want to do. You should tell me if they are looking for any vets in Africa...I'll be free in four years...