Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My First Pair of Glasses

So today I drove home to Richmond with the "check engine" light on the whole way there. It has been stalling out occasionally, so I thought I better switch it out with my brother's car just in case and have mine looked at. He's in France right now, so I don't think he'll mind. While in Richmond, I was able to pick up a few more boxes of contacts, as well as my very first pair of glasses. Yes, I went straight to contact lenses in the seventh grade and never looked back. But now that Peace Corps requires two pairs of glasses, I had to get some. I only got one pair so far because my eye doctor needed to see a pair in order to fill out some measurements on the eyeglass form I have to return. I am going to wait awhile till I find a "buy-one-get-one-free" deal, then get one more pair plus a pair of prescription sunglasses. As I am typing this post, I am trying to get use to them. They are a heck of a lot different than contacts, that's for sure. Other than that, not much else to report. I have my physical next week and a follow-up eye appointment, so I hope everything goes smoothly. And I hope I can get used to these glasses. I think for my next post I want to talk more about my motivations for joining PC and any expectations I might have. I think my new specs call for a little introspection, so stay tuned for that. Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: