Thursday, March 6, 2008

Medical Update

So I have been able to go to the eye doctor and my dentist over Spring Break, in hopes of getting everything taken care of medically. My eye doctor said that he would have to wait to fill out the required forms until I actually had a pair of glasses for him to take certain measurements. Since I don't actually own any glasses, I will have to go back once I find, order, and pick up some frames. I am still going ahead and ordering some contacts. I know PC does not recommend contact lenses but I at least want the option, and it could be convenient depending on where exactly I end up (i.e. like in an urban setting). But if contacts turn out impossible or impractical, I'll just stick to the glasses. As far as my dental exam is concerned, I think I got everything taken care of that I needed to. I actually waited longer after my exam in the waiting room while they got my x-rays together than I did for the actual exam, which probably took maybe 20 minutes at most. And I don't think they charged me for it either, which is always great. So I am hoping to order my two pairs of eyeglasses tomorrow (maybe) and then my medical exam (physical, bloodwork, etc.) is scheduled for March 25th, so I'll have to miss a few classes in order to come back home for that. If everything goes as planned (like that ever happens), I will be able to return my medical packet near the end of March.

No comments: