Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm Alive

Bonjour everyone! I am safe and sound here in Ouahigouya, Burkina Faso. I only have 10 minutes to type this up, so I'll make this short. We arrived safely in Ouaga Wednesday night, but unfortunately one of my bags ways delayed, but I should get it within a few days I'm told. After an overnight in the capital, we crammed into a bus and made our way to Ouahigouya, where we will remain for most of the next three months. The people here are super friendly, and I am practicing my French daily with them (Moorè training begins tomorrow). It pretty hot but not too bad, very dusty, but the food has all been really good: chicken, apples, bananas, and lots of rice dishes. Anyway, my time is running out; I will post again the next chance I get with more details, but do not worry. I am safe and having a blast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it! And... I'm sending you a package soon (if that's okay with you). Any requests?

Au revoir!
Carrie

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you made it OK, Erik! :) I mailed you a letter a couple of days ago, but I'm not sure when it will get to you...anyway, hope things continue to go well!

Peace,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

We've been praying for you, buddy! We're so happy to hear you're okay, although of course we knew you would be.

Your adventure is just getting started!

Anonymous said...

Erik:
Be on the lookout for a package that we shipped to you on Saturday. We have your number, and text us if that will save on your phone bill. Your host family sounds great!
Best wishes & thinking of you.
Love,
D&M