Monday, October 13, 2008

My Last Night Home

So this is it. It's my last night at home. My last night in my own bed. I leave tomorrow for Philadelphia for staging, and then I'll be heading for Burkina Faso on Tuesday (by way of Paris). I am pretty much all packed up and ready to go. As much as I'll ever be. I've been able to talk to and see many friends before leaving, to which I am grateful.

But to those friends and family members I haven't talked to, I just want to say goodbye, and I hope that you all stay in touch. I've heard there are times when every volunteer gets really lonely, and they value the messages they receive. So this is an open invitation to write - whether its here on my blog, via e-mail, facebook, snail mail, calls, or any other way you can think of - even if you don't have much to say at all. Just dropping me a line from time to time will definitely make my day. And I'll try to get back to you all as best I can (please be patient with me though). Also, if for some crazy reason, anyone happens to be in Africa in the next 27 months, please let me know. I'd be thrilled to see you and show you around! If it's not in Burkina Faso, I do get vacation time to travel. Anyway, I better wrap this up. I still have to finish packing, hoping not to forget anything. Take care everyone, wish me luck, say a prayer, and next time I write, I should be on African soil finally (or maybe in Philly, but probably not).

No comments: