Thursday, April 3, 2008

In the Mail

Well, it is officially out of my hands. I put my completed medical kit, including all dental, eye, and medical forms, in the mail this morning. I am so glad that that part is done, and I don't have to constantly be thinking about what I have to do next. Going back and forth between Williamsburg and Richmond all those times was getting really old. Let's just hope my doctors and I did everything necessary and that they don't send the packet right back to me for some reason. So what's next, you ask? Lots and lots of waiting. It could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months to get medically cleared, and since they would most likely clear people with earlier departure dates before the November departures, I am thinking it will be more like a couple months for me (but miracles do happen). After that, it will probably be another couple months before I get an official invitation and finally know exactly where I will be going and what I'll be doing. So yeah, I wasn't kidding about the waiting, unfortunately. I'll still try to make this blog somewhat interesting, if that's at all possible, so don't nobody go nowhere.

No comments: